- American Association of Clinical Endocrinology — This is a good place to start if you need to find a diabetes specialist in your community.
- American Association of Diabetes Educators — The American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE) is a multidisciplinary organization representing over 10,000 healthcare professionals who provide diabetes education and care
- American Cancer Society
- American Diabetes Association
- American Heart Association
- Children with Diabetes
- CarbDM-Seize Diabetes– Carb DM’s mission is to build a supportive community that improves the quality of life and health of all those affected by type 1 diabetes. The Carb DM community fosters connections among people with diabetes, their loved ones, and medical professionals; promotes learning; and develops strategies for thriving with diabetes.
- Diabetes Education and Camping Association
- The Islet Foundation — Islet Research Information
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation — The Juvenile Diabetes Foundation International is a not-for-profit, voluntary health agency whose mission is to support and fund research to find a cure for diabetes and its complications.
- Canadian Diabetes Association — Our mission is to promote the health of Canadians through diabetes research, education, service and advocacy
- Diabetes UK — Information, resources and links for people in the UK
- Diabetes South Africa — Information resources and links for people in South Africa
- Kids Exercise From th UK some very help tips to keep your kids moving.
Diet and Nutrition:
- Ask the Dietitian — Check out Joanne Larson’s Weight / Calorie Calculator!
- Diabetic Gourmet Magazine — Good articles, recipes,and health information
- About Diabetes — Information and Links to Carbohydrate Counting, Meal Planning, the Vegetarian Resource Group and many other useful sites
- The Glycemic Index — Not all carbohydrate foods are created equal, in fact they behave quite differently in our bodies. The glycemic index or GI describes this difference by ranking carbohydrates according to their effect on our blood glucose levels
- Radio Nutrition – Uses article posts and podcasts to educate followers on nutrition research, food products, fad diets, supplement claims and food policy
- Discover Good Nutrition – Shares advice on nutrition, fitness and beauty for the every-day adult
Nutrition Secrets – Explores a range of nutrition and health related topics in a more digestible format
Help with Medications:
- RXHelp4NV — RxHelp4NV is a service available through a partnership with the Governor’s Office for Consumer Health Assistance, and America’s pharmaceutical companies, in order to improve health care access for the citizens of Nevada. Other states have similar programs.
- Partnership for Prescription Assistance If you don’t have prescription coverage and can’t afford your medicines you can go online to this site or call 1-888-4PPA-NOW. 1-888-477-2669. More than 2500 brand-names and generic medicines are covered and are available Free or Nearly Free.
- Together RX Access A Division of the Pharm programs Together RX Access offers a FREE Prescription Saving Card to people who do not qualify for the Partnership for Prescription Assistance Program. To get a card you can register online or call 1-800-250-2864. Mail in forms and Instant Access cards will also be available at our office.
- RX Access4U or Call 877-226 9050 to see if you qualify for assistance. Charges a fee for service. Tell them you are a member of the Nevada Diabetes Association to receive a discount
Help for People in Nevada without Health Insurance:
If you do not have health insurance the following programs may be of help.
- Las Vegas – Access Health – 877-385-2345
- Reno – Access to Healthcare Network 775-284-8989
Reno Town Mall 4001 S. Virginia Street Suite F Reno, NV 89502
Information on Complications:
- Kidney Diseases
- Hemochromatosis— a condition of too much iron in the blood that can cause diabetes.
- The Neuropathy Association — Basic information and resources
- Retinopathy and other eyes conditions — Diabetic retinopathy is one of the most common complications associated with diabetes.
- Managing Complications
Medications and Equipment:
- Abbott Diagnostics Diabetes Now Blood Glucose Monitors to meet a wide variety of needs and lifestyle
- Becton Dickinson — Manufacture of Insulin Syringes and other diabetes related products. Site includes extensive resources and information.
- Deltec Cozmore Insulin Technology System combines insulin pump therapy, blood glucose monitoring, personalized insulin pump programming and data management. Insulin
- Eli Lilly
- Lifescan — Blood Glucose Monitor Equipment. Site includes product information plus links
- MiniMed — Information on insulin pumps for people with diabetes
- Nova Care Your Diabetes World
- Pump Wear Inc. Products for children and adults on the pump.
Resources on the Web:
- A Diabetes Website — A collaboration effort by three pioneers of diabetes resources and information on the net, Stephanie Schwartz, RN, MPH, CDE, William Quick, MD, FACP, FACE and David Mendoza
- Diabetes Answers.com — an informative, comprehensive guide containing articles centered around diabetes from diagnosis to management to treatments and more with new articles added daily. The articles are written or reviewing by Answers.com own diabetes expert Diane Kress, a certified diabetes educator and a registered dietitian.
- Diabetes Insipidus Foundation — Diabetes Insipidus is diabetes that is not widely diagnosed. It is not related to, but often mistaken for diabetes mellitus.
- Diabetes Net — Diabetes Shopping Mall and Information
- dLife For Your Diabetes Life! online magazine, pod casts recipes and more
- Feline Diabetes — A clearinghouse for information, questions, and links concerning diabetes in cats.
- Diabetes in Dogs — The common form of diabetes in dogs is analogous to juvenile diabetes in people
- DiabetesatWork — a place for businesses and managed care companies to assess the impact of diabetes in the workplace,
- International Diabetes — Extensive Worldwide links to resources and research information.
- Ivanhoe News Diabetes Channel — the latest medical reports on breakthroughs in diabetes, discussion rooms and much more!
- Joslin Diabetes Center — Established in 1898, and affiliated with Harvard Medical School, Joslin leads the field in both basic and clinical research, and is devoted to educating both patients and professionals.
- Mayo Clinic Easy to navigate with good information on the Types and Symptoms of diabetes as well as good management information.
- Merck Services Comprehensive site for excellent information also see
- Merck Engaged
- David Mendosa Diabetes Resources — Excellent site with extensive links and information.
- Premier Family Medical– Medical Care Information out of Utah.
- About Diabetes (the following resources are similar in that they post informational articles). They focus primarily on offering recipes and different perspectives on nutrition, dieting and fitness, including its effects on common health conditions
- CDC Diabetes Information — The Center for Disease Control Diabetes Public Resource includes links to State Diabetes Control Programs
- Family Ties of Nevada This is a link to the Nevada State program to help families with children under 19 years old with Type 1 diabetes.
- Fit Source This site links child care and after school providers to a wide variety of physical activity and nutrition resources.
- Get Healthy Clark County Clark County information and links to sites for healthy living, chronic diseases, tobacco fact, getting active and more.
- Get Healthy Washoe County Washoe County information and links to sites for healthy living, chronic diseases, tobacco fact, getting active and more.
- HealthCare.gov The place to go to find out about the how to get insurance under the Healthcare reform Act.
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases — Patient Information on Diabetes and related Health and Research information
- State of Nevada Diabetes Prevention and Control Program