Diet and Nutrition:
Help with Medications:
- RXHelp4NV — RxHelp4NV is a service available through a partnership with the Governor’s Office for Consumer Health Assistance, and America’s pharmaceutical companies, in order to improve health care access for the citizens of Nevada. Other states have similar programs.
- Partnership for Prescription Assistance If you don’t have prescription coverage and can’t afford your medicines you can go online to this site or call 1-888-4PPA-NOW. 1-888-477-2669. More than 2500 brand-names and generic medicines are covered and are available Free or Nearly Free.
- Together RX Access A Division of the Pharm programs Together RX Access offers a FREE Prescription Saving Card to people who do not qualify for the Partnership for Prescription Assistance Program. To get a card you can register online or call 1-800-250-2864. Mail in forms and Instant Access cards will also be available at our office.
- RX Access4U or Call 877-226 9050 to see if you qualify for assistance. Charges a fee for service. Tell them you are a member of the Nevada Diabetes Association to receive a discount
Help for People in Nevada without Health Insurance:
If you do not have health insurance the following programs may be of help.
Information on Complications:
Medications and Equipment:
- Abbott Diagnostics Diabetes Now Blood Glucose Monitors to meet a wide variety of needs and lifestyle
- Becton Dickinson — Manufacture of Insulin Syringes and other diabetes related products. Site includes extensive resources and information.
- Deltec Cozmore Insulin Technology System combines insulin pump therapy, blood glucose monitoring, personalized insulin pump programming and data management. Insulin
- Eli Lilly
- Lifescan — Blood Glucose Monitor Equipment. Site includes product information plus links
- MiniMed — Information on insulin pumps for people with diabetes
- Nova Care Your Diabetes World
- Pump Wear Inc. Products for children and adults on the pump.
Resources on the Web:
- A Diabetes Website — A collaboration effort by three pioneers of diabetes resources and information on the net, Stephanie Schwartz, RN, MPH, CDE, William Quick, MD, FACP, FACE and David Mendoza
- Diabetes Answers.com — an informative, comprehensive guide containing articles centered around diabetes from diagnosis to management to treatments and more with new articles added daily. The articles are written or reviewing by Answers.com own diabetes expert Diane Kress, a certified diabetes educator and a registered dietitian.
- Diabetes Insipidus Foundation — Diabetes Insipidus is diabetes that is not widely diagnosed. It is not related to, but often mistaken for diabetes mellitus.
- Diabetes Net — Diabetes Shopping Mall and Information
- dLife For Your Diabetes Life! online magazine, pod casts recipes and more
- Feline Diabetes — A clearinghouse for information, questions, and links concerning diabetes in cats.
- Diabetes in Dogs — The common form of diabetes in dogs is analogous to juvenile diabetes in people
- DiabetesatWork — a place for businesses and managed care companies to assess the impact of diabetes in the workplace,
- International Diabetes — Extensive Worldwide links to resources and research information.
- Ivanhoe News Diabetes Channel — the latest medical reports on breakthroughs in diabetes, discussion rooms and much more!
- Joslin Diabetes Center — Established in 1898, and affiliated with Harvard Medical School, Joslin leads the field in both basic and clinical research, and is devoted to educating both patients and professionals.
- Mayo Clinic Easy to navigate with good information on the Types and Symptoms of diabetes as well as good management information.
- Merck Services Comprehensive site for excellent information also see
- Merck Engaged
- David Mendosa Diabetes Resources — Excellent site with extensive links and information.
- Premier Family Medical– Medical Care Information out of Utah.
- About Diabetes (the following resources are similar in that they post informational articles). They focus primarily on offering recipes and different perspectives on nutrition, dieting and fitness, including its effects on common health conditions