The almighty holy grail of diabetes camps the Nevada California Diabetes Association has to offer.
2020 Camp will be different this year.. WE’RE GOING VIRTUAL
We hope you are well and staying healthy in these unusual times. Because the safety of our campers and camp community is always NDA/CDA’s primary concern, out of an abundance of caution towards the coronavirus (COVID-19) we have decided to not hold Camp Buck 2020 in person this summer. While we will be very disappointed to not see you and share hugs (and snacktime!) in person, we have been working hard to create an alternative, Camp Buck 2020 – and we think it’s going to be great!
This process is new to all of us, but here is what we are working on, along with some very important announcements:
- Camp Buck 2020 has been moved to the week of July 26th – 31st.
- Campers will be able to see, chat, and interact with their favorite Camp Buck 2020 staff and fellow campers, as well as make new friends! Returning campers and new faces are welcome. We believe diabetes camp is the best place to make connections with other people living with type 1 diabetes, connections which lead to healthier happier lives.
- We will still offer programming on all 6 days, Sunday through Friday (adjust to fit camp schedule), as we do during our normal Camp week. This programming will include games, crafts, group activities, and diabetes education. Campers will not be online all day, but will be able to log in at several different times each day for messages and interactive activities, both prerecorded and live.
- Your favorite camp staff will lead group activities and entertainment for campers in secure, password-protected web meetings.
- Since we’re all staying home, parents/guardians will supervise their campers and manage their diabetes, but we will offer the chance to have meals or snacks “together” online on some of our camp days so we can discuss carb counts, mealtime blousing, and all those other educational topics we cover during camp mealtimes. ß use this bullet point if applicable
- To participate: Email and Register with Camp Director Nate Gibson – Nate@diabetesnv.org
- For a materials and postage fee of $49 per child, we will mail a “Camp in a Box” kit to your camper before camp. This kit will contain all the craft supplies, game pieces, and educational materials needed to participate in all camp activities- plus a few fun surprises!
(Please note that in order to prepare and ship kits to your camper in time before camp, we must receive your camper’s registration no later than one month before camp)
Date: July 26th – July 31st.
C.I.T Leadership Program Age : 15-17
Assistance: Payment plans and scholarships are available. Click Here
Register: Email Nate Gibson – Nate@diabetesnv.org
Questions : Contact our Camp Director Nate Gibson at 775-856-3839